Location: London, UK
Reports to: CTO
The Lead Architect is responsible for defining the detailed architecture and design of the R3 platform. Taking guidance from the Head of Technology and liaising with stakeholders at member banks and the broader community, the Lead Architect will develop, maintain and iterate a coherent, comprehensible, deliverable design for the Engineering Team.
The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator, with experience of working in both banking and startup environments, who can demonstrate repeated experience of establishing robust platform infrastructure in a fast-moving, rapidly changing and exciting environment. They will be able to evidence their ability to balance multiple competing priorities. Capital Markets and/or Trading technology experience is not mandatory but a plus. They will have experience of designing and delivering solutions in demanding environments utilizing a variety of methods.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIES
- Develop and execute a solution strategy and architecture that support R3 Strategic and Business Objectives and enable engineering to deliver the architectural vision.
- Work with Platform and Research and directly with external firms, projects and communities to survey market landscape for solution insights, direction, vendors, and methods
- Be responsible for system requirements, detailed design and testing strategy; solution design method must adequately account for the iterative and unpredictable nature of our environment
- Oversee aspects of project lifecycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within the solution area
- Collaborate with Platform to manage co-ordination of communication and activities between Technology, Engineering and Architecture; this will include managing relationships with external firms and open source development communities
- Build and maintain repository for deliverables, methodologies, and development documentation
- Ensure quality control of internal and external client-oriented documentation
- Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Experience with enterprise integration, preferably within financial institutions
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel as required
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, comfort with ambiguity, willingness and ability to work beyond the strict wording of the job description in order to achieve the firm's objectives
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Knowledge of front-to-back systems in banking, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture and integration
- Expertise in several delivery methods, including Agile