Location: London, UK
Reports to: Lead Platform Engineer
The Security Engineer is responsible for designing, evaluating and testing the security of systems to ensure that the systems and data integrity of the organization is being maintained and is up – to – date.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct certification and accreditation tasks for various IT systems.
- Analyze, test, validate security controls, and document results for the purpose of completing accreditation/authorization packages.
- Perform tasks focused on the development of security test plans, participate in or conduct security testing, analyze test results, and develop risk assessment reports that document vulnerabilities, threats, impacts, and recommended mitigations.
- Perform reviews and analyses of vulnerability scanning results for various systems and applications.
- Work with a certification team, with data owners and systems administrators to gain in-depth knowledge of complex networks to ensure system authorization documentation accurately depicts the environment.
- Review security test plans and procedures for accuracy and execute test procedures to validate systems compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Masters preferred.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with expert level knowledge in several of Windows Server, Windows Client, OS X, Linux and Cisco IOS.
- Strong, well-rounded background in host, network and application security.
- Experience with applied cryptography including PKI, SSL, and key management.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
- Experience working with firewalls, intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems.
- Expertise in several programming languages including PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape.