Location: London, UK
Reports to: Lead Platform Engineer
Primary responsibility for this position is to serve as project testing SME and execute QA testing activities as an embedded resource within various software development projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage execution of assigned QA activities, including software quality assurance and testing.
- Perform business and data analysis in partnership with application development team and existing BA staff to facilitate test planning and understanding of developed applications' purpose and business use.
- Create and implement QA project plans and test plans that snap a product's lifecycle and cover usability, design and engineering quality assurance.
- Train new QA staff in application knowledge and testing practices.
- Independently document and present test strategies and process improvement plans to Management.
- Conduct gap analyses of requirements and develop QA metrics for assessing the quality of test deliverables.
- Be proficient in communicating, prioritizing and tracking test execution, defects and issues appropriately and recommend corrective action where required.
- Participate in interactions with a variety of internal and external users to acquire and exchange information on QA issues and processes.
- Display flexibility under changing priorities, and willingness to act as a member of a broad IT support team.
- 5-7 years quality assurance experience
- Experience with testing Qlikview business intelligence applications
- Experience with writing and performing complex SQL queries against a variety of database technologies (essential)
- Experience on large client/server projects
- Experience working independently to provide quality QA service
- Full understanding of software development and testing lifecycles
- Knowledge of the QA process and structured testing methodologies
- HP Application Lifecycle Management Experience
- Strong MS Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills